HOW DOES DIVORCE WORK
There are a lot of options to get divorced in Florida. The process you choose and how it works will depend upon what is most important to you.
In general, the divorce process in Florida follows a timeline like the following:
- Someone files for divorce with the courts
- The other spouse has twenty calendar days to respond
- Each of you has 45 days to gather and exchange important financial documents
- You attend a mediation to negotiate a settlement
- If you reach a mediation settlement, your agreement is prepared and filed with the court
- Your Judge will enter a Final Judgment, officially divorcing you and making you single once again
Does every divorce follow this timeline? No. Is it a typical timeline? Yes.
So what are the other options?
Click the following link for more information about divorce and your options https://www.leapfrogdivorce.com/divorce